Monday 27 June 2011

Free Owl Pattern

To download this pattern just click on the image and open it. after that - right click - save as.

 So.. last week I decided to make an owl garland and I had to sew no more or less than 14 owls. Sewing the fabric was a pain in the ass but it was all worth it in the end. I have never made a tutorial before ..I tried! But I have never finished one. The main reason is that I always forget taking pictures of all the steps. So I decided instead of a tutorial I'll make a pattern. Maybe some of you will find this useful. Its my first pattern ever made so its not that brilliant or detailed but in all honesty it was meant to be an easy one..giving that I had to make 14 of them :))



Tools needed : 
  • Printer or tracing paper
  • Scissors
  • Sewing machine or a needle if you're sewing it by hand
Materials needed : 
  • Fabric or felt
  • Stuffing
  • Threads
Instructions : 
  • Trace the shapes on fabric or felt .
  • Cut the out of the fabric or felt

  • Attach the inner eye to the outer eye
  • Pin the eyes to the face.
  • Sew the beak onto the owls face

  • Place the owls back onto its face and pin the 2 together
  • Pin the pieces together leaving an opening for the stuffing
  • Sew the owl
  • Turn the owl right side out.
  • Fill the owl with stuffing
  • Stitch the owl shut .

And ..DONE